Suzannah is an engaging public speaker and has given many talks and lectures at universities, museums, galleries, history societies, clubs and schools.
Here she is giving a TEDx talk at St Paul’s School:
Recent Public Talks
- BBC History Magazine's History Weekend, 'Magnificence, Love and Scaffolds: Politics at the Court of Henry VIII', 18th October 2014.
- Jardine Matheson Executives, 'Leadership Lessons from the Tudors', October 2014.
- Chalke Valley History Festival, 'Magnificence, Love and Scaffolds', 29th June 2014.
- The Times Cheltenham Science Festival, where I was an historian among scientists, speaking on the 'Mary Rose as a Tudor Time Capsule' and 'Dying to be Beautiful', June 2014.
- The Tower of London, 'The Fall of Anne Boleyn', 27th May 2014.
- Haileybury School, Speech Day, Guest Speaker, 24th May 2014.
- The Directors Lecture, Ashmolean Museum, 17th May 2014.
- Ipswich School, Speech Day, Guest Speaker, 16th May 2014.
- The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre, Havant, 'Prince to Tyrant, What Changed Henry VIII', 13th March 2014.
- Chalke Valley, Patrons Dinner, 'Learning From The Past', 7th March 2014.
- The Ashmole Society, Brasenose College, 'Breaking the Silence, 31st January 2014.
- ThoughtOut, UEA London, 'Public Intellectualism Today', 12th November 2013.
- BBC History Magazine's History Weekend, 'Tudors vs Plantagenets', with Dan Jones, 26th October 2013.
- University of Texas at Austin, TX, US: 'The Tudors: The Dynasty that Made Britain', 4th October 2013.
- Texas State University, TX, US: 'Prince to Tyrant: What Changed Henry VIII?' 3rd October 2013.
- Media Evolution Conference, Malmo, Sweden: 'Learning from the Past', opening keynote speaker, 21st August 2013.
- English Heritage Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall, 'Scars on the Landscape: Encountering the Dissolution of the Monasteries', 21st July 2013.
- Department for Transport, DEFRA and DCLG History Society, 'A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England', 3rd June 2013.
- V&A, 'Fit for a King: Power, Glory & Fashion at the Tudor Court', 18th May 2013.
- BBC History Magazine, Talking Tudors Day, 'The Anne Boleyn Controversies', 28th April 2013.
- Friends of Sheffield Manor Lodge, '1536: The Year that Changed Henry VIII', 3rd November 2012.
- Throckmorton Literary Festival at Coughton Court, 'A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England', 23rd September 2012.
- World Monuments Fund at the Royal Geographical Society, 'Behind Closed Doors: The Hidden Histories of Great Buildings' with Hallie Rubenhold, 12th September 2012.
- Latitude Festival - 'A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England', 13th July 2012.
- Villiers Park Educational Trust, 'Breaking the Silence: Finding the Ordinary Women of Sixteenth-Century France', 9th July 2012.
- The Making of a Monarchy for the Modern World, Kensington Palace, 6-8th June - chaired a panel on 'Redefining Monarchy for the Modern World', 8th June 2012.
- The Boleyn Festival at Blickling Hall - '1536: The Year that Changed Henry VIII', 19th May 2012.
- The Tower of London (BBC History Magazine in association Historic Royal Palaces) with Dan Jones- 'Plantagenets vs Tudors: Which dynasty mattered more?', 17th May 2012.
- Kenilworth Castle (English Heritage) - 'A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England', 16th May 2012
And at many, many schools...
Possible Titles for Talks include:
- Dying to be Beautiful
- Leadership Lessons from The Tudors
- The Uses of the Past: History on Film, Popular History and Public History
- Prince to Tyrant: What Changed Henry VIII?
- A Visitor’s Companion to Tudor England
- The Tudors: The Dynasty that Made England
- The Anne Boleyn Controversies
- Scars on the Landscape: The Dissolution of the Monasteries
- Why Do the Tudors Matter?
- Is the Past a Foreign Country?
- Learning from the Past
- Magnificence, Love and Scaffolds: Politics at the Court of Henry VIII
- Fit for a King: Power, Glory and Fashion at the Tudor Court
- Breaking the Silence: Finding the Ordinary Women of Sixteenth-Century France
- Possibilities, Perils and Passions: Tudors and their Houses
Other Notable Previous Talks:
Society of Renaissance Studies Annual Lecture 2011
Historical Association at the British Library 2009
BBC History Magazine weekends in 2013 and 2014
- Chalke Valley History Festival
A Panorama of History Weekend
Christ Church, Oxford Special Interest Weekend
- University College, Dublin
- Queen Mary University
- University of Oxford
- The College of William and Mary
- Fordham University
- Salisbury University
- The University of Maryland
- James Madison University
- Washington & Lee University
- Georgetown University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Lancaster
Museums and galleries
- Hampton Court Palace
- The Mary Rose Museum
- National Portrait Gallery
Please email her broadcast agent (see Contacts page) if you’d like to ask her to come and talk to your group.